This recipe is adapted from Tetsu Kasuya’s 2016 World Brewer’s Cup Champion recipe.
Equipment and ingredients:
- AeroPress® brewer, filter, and stirrer
- 220 grams (7.7 ounces) filtered water 40 seconds off boil at 85 degrees Celsius (185 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 30 grams coarse-ground coffee (roughly 2 scoops)
- Sturdy vessel
- Insert plunger into brewer and invert. Place filter in cap, rinse with hot water, and set aside.
- Add 30 grams of coarse-ground coffee to brewer and tap side to settle coffee.
- Start timer and pour 120 grams of water into brewer, evenly saturating all grounds.
- At 30 seconds, crack crust formed by coffee and stir 10 times. Lock filtered cap to brewer.
- At 1 minute, flip brewer onto sturdy vessel and plunge slowly for 15 seconds. Remove brewer and dilute with remaining 100 grams of water, or to taste.
Enjoy + Repeat
If you would like to "push harder" into brewing with an Aeropress check out this article https://coffeechronicler.com/ultimate-guide-to-the-aeropress/ written by our friend Asser aka The Coffee Chronicler.