Equipment and ingredients:
- 1-liter French press
- 800 grams (28 ounces) filtered water just off boil at 93 degrees Celsius (200 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 50 grams of coarse-ground coffee
- Mug or decanter
- Rinse French press, then pour hot water into press to preheat. Drain and remove plunger.
- Add grounds to preheated press and tap side to settle grounds.
- Start timer and evenly pour water evenly in circular motions, wetting all grounds.
- At 2 minutes, crack surface formed by coffee with a paddle, stir, and rest plunger on top.
- At 4 minutes, plunge and immediately serve or decant.
Enjoy + Repeat