Equipment and ingredients:
- Kalita® Wave™ dripper and filter
- 480 grams (16.8 ounces) filtered water just off boil at 93 degrees Celsius (200 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 30 grams medium- to fine-ground coffee
- Carafe or serving vessel
- Rest dripper over serving vessel. Place filter in dripper and rinse with hot water. Pour hot water into mug to warm mug while brewing.
- Add 30 grams coffee to filtered dripper and lightly shake to settle.
- Start time and initiate bloom by pouring 60 grams of hot water over coffee bed.
- At 30 seconds, pour water in pulses, keeping water level ¼ inch from top of filter; total water added should be 480 grams, with brew time of 3 minutes.
- Empty water from mug and pour coffee.
Enjoy + Repeat