Equipment and ingredients:
- Chemex® 8-cup brewer, filter and stirrer
- 880 grams (30.8 ounces) filtered water just off boil at 93 degrees Celsius (200 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 50 grams medium-ground coffee
- Serving vessel
- Place filter in brew bed with double ply side facing drain spout. Rinse with hot water to preheat, then pour into serving vessels to warm while you brew.
- Fill wet filter with coffee and tap side of brewer to level.
- Start timer and initiate bloom by adding 100 grams of water, evenly wetting all grounds in brew bed.
- At 30 seconds, crack surface formed by coffee with paddle and give it a stir to make sure there are no dry clumps. Evenly pour water until grounds are submerged.
- Pulse pour at 15–30 second intervals to keep grounds submerged. Aim to complete pour in 2 ½ minutes with total brew time of 4–4 ½ minutes.